Subject Author Posted Replies

Condensation between the panes of 7 yr. old skylight.(s)..okay to leave it alone?
I live in a condo, and I'm just noticing condensation between the panes in = a 7yr old Velux skylight that was installed when the roof was replaced. Ac= tually, there is a 2nd skylight installed at...
9
9

(OT) Car coolant question
I had to remove my car's radiator to get it repaired. That may take several days to a week, since the repair shop is real busy. I want to move the car to a differerent place on the property. It will...
97
97

Solved: Vehicle fuel pump as a transfer pump
Awl -- Thanks to Bob Haller -- and other input, of course -- I found a dert simple way to do this, with no ill effects to the car's pyooter or anything else. Rather than fool with the pressurized...
18
18

honda snowblower
i have a hs 520 Honda snow thrower ,it used to be very easy to start(regular pull start),I replaced the spark plug ,got it started after many I cant start it,the gas was in over summer i put gas...
2
2

OT - Ah the Brits, such an entertaining lot
On Saturday 26 January 2013 19:37 Red Green wrote in Yep. In tomorrow's news, woman sues council for not providing safety barriers next to dangerous stretch of canal...
4
4

Rain Gutter joint Sealer needed
I have a rain gutter connection, that doesn't fit well, basically because the joint is at a 45* angle, instead of 90*. So, I need some gooey, sticky Sealer recommendations I can try. thanks marc
5
5

Abraisve cutoff wheels: ferrous, non-ferrous, masonry
Awl -- What's the real diff? Can one wheel do all, to some degree? For cutting, not grinding. I"m mainly concerned with ferrous, non-ferrous cutoff wheels, but just curious as to how the masonry fits...
9
9

Prepping: Using a vehicle's fuel pump to transfer gasoline...
There are still some perfectly good manual piston pumps out there that are specifically designed for gasoline transfer. Your local auto parts store may have one. Siphoning from some modern cars is a...
20
20

House Paint lifetime warrantee
The other thread got me to thinking. I found out about a year ago that my hired painter used a lifetime warrantee paint from Benjamin Moore on the outside of my house. I once went to the local...
8
8

door relay
Hi, I am looking for a small relay that works off a 12V supply that shorts 2 contacts together whenever another 2 contacts are shorted. Any part that I can easily get from Radio Shack that fits this...
5
5

Paint - How Much to Buy
I need to paint my great room - hall - and dinette. Its all painted the sa= me color. I measured (three walls have those tall vaulted ceilings) -- but= as best I can tell - the area measures 1441...
54
54

What is it that causes home light bulbs to fail ?
In another thread, it was mentioned that CFLs and LEDs last longer than incandescent bulbs. We all know incandescent bulbs fail due to the filaments being made so thin that they oxidize and burn up,...
26
26

Gas water heater anode is gone....
than $30 At 10 years, chances are the heater is going to crap out in another year or two anyway. McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered...
41
41

What happens if you put 75 watt bulb in a 60 watt fixture
I have a desk lamp of the "brave little toaster" style which says to use a 60W bulb. Inside the light, it 'says' 60 watts. wife insists on a 75 Watt flood, which gives the right amount of light, but...
101
101

Need advice on garage door torsion repair (bearing, roller, drum)
I need advice! Q: What's the trick to get the new bearing into the bearing end plate? How would you get the bottom roller back onto the garage door? Do you think a disintegrated bearing caused these...
16
16