Subject Author Posted Replies

What is a good industrial ceiling fan switch to replace a Rhine UC9020?
I have 2 60" industrial ceiling fans of unknown manufacture (Emerson, Hampton Bay, Hunter, ???) that have been working beautifully for about 2 years. They had 4 speed switches that stopped working at...
2
2

Laminate Flooring question
I am finishing my basement, and want to put laminate flooring in 2 large rooms (kitchen and family room. These rooms are separated by an 8 foot open archway.. as indicated by the link below. The...
21
21

fridge repair
Any appliance repair experts out there? I have a bad defrost thermostat on a magic chef fridge. I was wondering if I can use a defrost thermostat off of a similar GE fridge. they work by opening and...
16
16

Gorilla glue
What is the difference between "Super" Gorilla glue and "Regular"? Just more concentrated? Or a different formulation? I usually run the other direction from much-hyped product, so got to wondering......
20
20

Go to Home Depot or Lowes now. I mean now!!!
Buy up all the shovels you can get your hands on. You'll need them to dig yourself out of the hole Obama has put us in. ** Lonesome Dove
25
25

[SOLVED] What type of plastic is a shroud?
What type of plastic is a shroud? (The one used around a fan in front of a car radiator). Mine has a crack which I want to fix using some sort of epoxy or JB Weld, but some plastics can not be glued....
17
17

Is PC-7 the same as JB Weld?
Is PC-7 the same as JB Weld? (Same compound with a different name)? I normally use JB Weld, but that stuff gets costly since they only sell those small tubes. while PC-7 comes in cans in larger...
8
8

Repair garden hose kinks?
My short garden hose has five kinks in it. Annoying. I'm too cheap to replace it - and besides, the new hose will quickly do the same thing. Buying hose splices would work but is rather expensive -...
10
10

Bathroom vanity venting?
Is there a limit to how far you can run horizontally with a 1-1/2 inch vent before you go vertical or tie into a stack? Present vent by previous owne r runs about 15 feet. I could tie it into a 4"...
2
2

Rayovacs in Stanley tripod light
snip You should try women sometime. They are even funner. How many power cuts do you see in a year at your location? Sounds like dozens. What does your electric company use for wiring, lamp cord held...
2
2

House Parts You Didn't Know Had a Name
Picture No. 13 shows the "Kite Winder," the middle of a set of three wedge-shaped stair steps, or winders, that together make a 90-degree turn. Why are there four wedge shaped steps in the picture,...
7
7

Anyone know of an inexpensive K+CAN obd2 diagnostic cable (or K+DCAN) with pins 7 and 8 intact?
Thanks Nate. I'll move the discussion there as I hadn't realized so few here know anything about using diagnostic software to troubleshoot issues. The great thing about bimmers and beemers is that the...
16
16

More genius innovation
Great if you have a round yard. Call the Washington DC US Park Service. They can do this in the Ellipse
9
9

OT: Flex fuel vs regular
I am looking at a new vehicle and some are equipt for high ethanol and others aren't. I am completely lost on whether FF is something to look for or just something I shouldn't object to if present.
107
107

Anyone installed LED ribbon undercabinet lights?
The state-of-the-art these days for undercabinet lighting is LED ribbons that you can cut every couple inches to get continuous (and energy efficient) lighting along the counter. I first tried to find...
10
10