50 tools everyone should own

Page 2 of 2

Strap wrench. This should make the top 10.
[snip]

Really? I have two sizes (one for the light pipes and the full-sized monster) and dread using them when there are no other options available. I'd rather pay a plumber at that point than break those puppies out...
The Ranger

The big one is great for water filters.

Heh, they have many more applications. I keep a small one in the kitchen for bottles and jars. I frequently use one for repairs/adjustments to the sprinkler pipes. I've removed a stuck filter from a camera lens with a strap wrench. Removed escutcheons from the shower faucets. And that's just this afternoon... okay I'm kiddin' but I do use mine very frequently.

Flare nut wrenches, Tork drive set, Bristol wrenches, Corner clamps. Bar clamps, Under sink faucet nut wrench, Soldering iron. I could go on and on. WW
HeyBub wrote:

I can't function without a scribe, a leatherman, and a caliper. Not to mention socket drives, 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 inch for the drill and square, torx and clutch head bits. I could go on and on. How about a gas soldering pencil, propane torch, Solder, flux, pipe cutter, CPVC cleaner and glue. I could go on and on.
[snip]

A Torx set, a tap-and-drill set, and a Millwaukee sawsall.
The Ranger

Now that we have a nice big list of small tools (as opposed to full size drill presses and lathes etc. ) we should have a well made tool cabinet/chest to keep them all in a good place.
And since you are no doubt going to make a mess, a shop vacuum.
And of course we need a good variety of glues and epoxies to hold stuff together and a bunch C-clamps to hold the project until the glue dries.
Charlie ( now where did I put that ...?)