3D Printing, A Wonderful New Variation Of The Technology

A very cool application of 3D printing technology that I can see winding up next to crayons and modeling clay in classrooms plus research and design labs too. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

They are going to make them in China and all they need is "our" support.

Reply to
Metspitzer

Do you know of any factory in The U.S. that can manufacture them? Even if there is a factory in a business friendly state like Texas, the cost of production would be many times that of a Chinese factory because of federal business interference policies that drive up the cost of everything not even considering the horror show of union involvement. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

It's a glorified quick-setting pastry tube. :-)

Line drawings, even in 3D, aren't what I think of as "3D printing."

Notice that these objects are not solid and they don't even have surfaces. They're just wireframes that you draw out in space.

Reply to
Steven L.

It's cheap in China because they use near slave labour. Without unions you'd all be working in sweat shop conditions.

Reply to
harry

Yea, I'm soaking wet. o_O

TDD