3D Printing, A Wonderful New Variation Of The Technology

A very cool application of 3D printing technology that I can see winding up next to crayons and modeling clay in classrooms plus research and design labs too. ^_^
http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-3doodler-3d-printing-pen-1-million-kickstarter-20130221,0,2453744.story
http://tinyurl.com/ajc9yvl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQWyhezIze4

TDD
On Sat, 09 Mar 2013 12:03:28 -0600, The Daring Dufas

They are going to make them in China and all they need is "our" support.
On 3/9/2013 12:08 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

Do you know of any factory in The U.S. that can manufacture them? Even if there is a factory in a business friendly state like Texas, the cost of production would be many times that of a Chinese factory because of federal business interference policies that drive up the cost of everything not even considering the horror show of union involvement. O_o
TDD
On Mar 9, 6:43 pm, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky- finger.net> wrote:

It's cheap in China because they use near slave labour. Without unions you'd all be working in sweat shop conditions.
On 3/10/2013 1:56 AM, harry wrote:

Yea, I'm soaking wet. o_O
TDD

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-3doodler-3d-printing-pen-1-million-kickstarter-20130221,0,2453744.story

It's a glorified quick-setting pastry tube. :-)
Line drawings, even in 3D, aren't what I think of as "3D printing."
Notice that these objects are not solid and they don't even have surfaces. They're just wireframes that you draw out in space.
--
Steven L.