3 way dimmer switches

a friend of mine said that it is not possible to have 2 three way dimmer switched to control the same light. is this true? thanks cj
You could, but you couldn't adjust the light independently from each location . There are however electronic three way dimmers that use a master and slave arrangement to overcome this situation

I have a dimmer on my entryway light by the door, and a regular 3way at the top of the stairs. Works fine, since all we ever do upstairs is turn it on and off.
If that doesn't work for you, they have expensive ones that dim from either switch.
You can only use one 3-way dimmer per circuit. When used in conjunction with 3-way or 4-way toggles, the light can be turned off or turned on to the "dimmed" level from other locations. Read more at:
http://www.lutron.com/product_technical/FAQ.asp#OLE_LINK21
cj wrote:

I have touch dimmers that control half a dozen lighting circuits with dimming available at both ends of the three-way circuit. Check out Leviton.

cj wrote:

There are electronic dimmers that can be used. They are smarter than the usual three ways but they are also more expensive and more prone to problems.
Check out http://www.smarthome.com/index.html for some ideas. The best ones are reliable.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

I cut many many holes in my living room ceiling to install recessed lights. When I finished the two basic three-way switches seemed lame, so I picked up threeway dimmers. Lutron three way dimmer maestro switches worked for me. Pretty pricey, about 60 bucks.
Tom @ www.Texas-VOIP.com