me

ponor

ou

on

are

nd

t if

ls.

I thoroughly researched the PEX back in 2007 before I took the plunge on a PEX re-pipe. I even discussed it privately with Ed.
I chose Wirsbo / Uponor... expansion method with ProPEX brass fittings.
I got all my stuff (including awesome copper / brass homerun manifolds) from http://www.pexsupply.com/ Awesome service, great pricing & great selection. I figured I'd go with a company that sells a LOT of material.
My buddy & I subsequently re-piped his ex-wife's house. Every thing worked..no problems, no leaks. It's been about 5 years.
Oh IIRC PEX-a,b or c relates to the method used to "cross-link" the PE.

The fact that the crimper system required gauging the set crimp rings is why I chose & recommned the expansion system.
Nothing to gauge...just expand, insert, hold during relaxation phase, done
On 5/29/2013 1:51 PM, mike wrote:

suggestion? Yes, put in soft copper. 3/4" and be done forever.
--
Steve Barker
On Saturday, June 1, 2013 11:16:22 PM UTC-4, Steve Barker wrote:

s the way to go. > But the inside diameter of 3/4" galvanized is about the

ever. -- Steve Barker remove the "not" from my address to email
After you take out a second mortgage to pay for the copper. As the only ot her wise person I saw on this chain said, poly is the way to go. Tough and cheap. Use barbed fittings and hose clamps at the ends.

is the way to go. > But the inside diameter of 3/4" galvanized is about th e > same as 1" PEX. suggestion? Yes, put in soft copper. 3/4" and be done f orever. -- Steve Barker remove the "not" from my address to email

y other wise person I saw on this chain said, poly is the way to go.  Tou gh and cheap.  Use barbed fittings and hose clamps at the ends.
Thank you! I was getting lonely. I proposed poly a couple times and until now, no reaction. The OP is hell bent on PEX. For what he spent on the PEX tool alone, he could have bought the roll of 1" poly.