2x4 Wood ?

Hello:
What type of wood is commonly used for 2x4's in the NorthEast ?
Thanks, B.
Robert11 wrote:

Spruce, fir, doug-fir, hemlock; kiln-dried, air-dried, milled green. Mainly.
Note that much lumber sold in NE (US) makes its way aboard ship from Vancouver and thereabouts via the Panama Canal. Much also rides the rails, some distance.
Hi, What else can you do to remove musty odor from the basement other than using a dehumidifier? Does waterproffing the basement wall help to improve? My basement is dry, no molds or anything but it smells humid.. Thanks
Java wrote:

Make sure you have good surface prep.
http://www.ugl.com/DRYLOKframes02.html
Works east-coast, west-cost, Republican or Democrat.
Thanks Pat.
Pat wrote:

it probably is himid.
Seal the floor if that hasn't been done already then seal the walls. Then tighten up you home envelope -- air seal all the band joists etc. Then consider putting in a dehimidifier -- you'll need to keep it below 70% to prevent mold growth -- in my case I keep it below 50% which also inhibits dust-mite growth/reproduction.
see these web sites for further info:
http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=home_sealing.hm_improvement_sealing
http://healthandenergy.com/mold_prevention.htm
http://www.buildingscience.com/resources/homeowner.htm