15 Yr Old Thomson's Water Seal Still Usable?

Hi and Happy Holidays,
I have a 5 gal can of Thomson's Water Seal that is at least 15 years old. Is it still usable or should I get a new can?
I would just replace it but getting rid of the stuff nowadays is such a pain in the neck.
Thanks, Gary

If it is not thickened, it is still good. OTOH, it was not the best water sealer to start with.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

as others have stated....... it was not the best water sealer to start with.
If thickened or lumpy....swirl the container & pour a small amount into a clear container...check consistency
if thickened it can be restored to "new" conditon by heating...use flameless heat source (heat gun)
better to use it up than create toxic waste
cheers Bob
Gary Brown writes:

It's just petroleum wax dissolved in mineral spirits. If it hasn't gotten gummy, should be fine. Not that it's worth the effort to grease your decks.
On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 16:47:11 -0500, "Gary Brown"

As they said the stuff is almost worthless when new. But it may be easier to dispose of by smearing on your deck than any other way.
DK wrote:

Best way to get rid of it until he gets a better sealer, like Cabots.
--
Bill
in Hamptonburgh, NY

Or smear it on your dick...... Great sexual lubricant......
print out the message and its replies and put it at the curb for pickup.
Gary Brown wrote:

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 16:47:11 -0500, "Gary Brown"

Yes it can be used, although Thompson's water seal is a below-average product.
Hi and Happy Holidays,
I have a 5 gal can of Thomson's Water Seal that is at least 15 years old. Is it still usable or should I get a new can?
I would just replace it but getting rid of the stuff nowadays is such a pain in the neck.
Thanks, Gary +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ It wasn't usable when it was new. The poorest brand of waterseal on the market. Throw it away.
Me and friends have used much thompsons, I believe it works GREAT! stopped all concrete detorioation around here.
the trouble is some people spray a mist on like cleaning a window, then wnder why it didnt help.
like painting a wall with too littkle paint then wondering why it doesnt look good:(

Find someone, somewhere to take it off your hands. I put that crap on my deck 18 years ago failing to realize that the wood would still require frequent cleaning to maintain the 'real' wood look (yea, I know - not very real). I decided to stain it with Cabot's Barn Red semi-solid )or semi-transparent) stain after the fourth year. To this day, what little of that stain remains on the wood will rub off on your clothing with the slightest touch. Now that I have g.kids they are all over that deck too. Run away from that crud! I've been told that the wood will never take any stain again because of it. If anyone else knows of a cure for this **please** let me know via the UN or my e-mail. This is one topic that really jacks me up, if you couldn't tell.