12 amp wire size

Page 2 of 2

Priced copper wire recently?
--
Regards,
yep. $49.99 locally for the 200' rolls of 12/2wg NMB. I price it every time I go out (almost every day) as I have rentals that need wire and also my own house is still not quite finished in the wiring dept.
--
Steve Barker

"Doug Miller" < snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com> wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 19:20:10 -0500, "Steve Barker"

You must have a lot of rentals or they must use a lot of wire!
This reminds me of a friend at work who says his wife wants a lot of money:
"Every day my wife asks me for 200 dollars, every day!"
"Wow," I say, "What does she do with all that money?"
"I don't know. I never give it to her."
Steve Barker wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/2z64n5
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

Borderline on a 15A circuit. 12 ga. would be better. 20 A breaker

is
Ever read the NEC for voltage drop allowances?
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

Not recently, but if I advised something which wouldn't meet code then I apologize and stand corrected.
I just figured that a 4 volt drop would still furnish a fan motor with sufficient power to do its thing.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

What type of fan? A box fan only has a 16ga wire on it. If it is rated for 12a. then that is probably the max draw on startup. 14 ga would do well, assuming romax, not extension cord. Still, why bother with 14 ga. Go with the standard 12 ga and put in a 20a breaker.
12/2 on a 20a breaker will more than suffice.
--
Steve Barker