Subject Author Posted Replies

Do I need a Breaker Box?
I bought an old house in the country. Someone must have stolen the breaker box. I got those two fat wires that come in from the outside pole. Then there's about 12 to 15 small wires, some balck soem...
8
8

How To Cut Out A Door Hinge Recess W/O A Router
Had to replace a piece of a door jam that was rotted out, now I need to cut out a hinge recess with rounded corners and I don't have a router. I have a Dremel, does Home Depot sell any kind of bit for...
20
20

stripping zinc with vinegar
someone told me that I can strip zinc in a plastic tub filled with vinegar? I know vinegar has lots of uses, but is this so?
13
13

Circuit Breaker Panel Question
I know a sub-panel can be run off the main panel. How about a second sub-panel? Must it also be run off the main panel, or can the first sub-panel be used? Thank you Bob
13
13

Toilet install question - UPDATE
Received a call from the production services manager earlier who said that he had spoken to the store manager and they are crediting back my charges, including a charge for changing out the supply...
14
14

Roof snow loads
Howdy, Since it seems the fright of roof collapses around my area is done for winter (I hope) and the frenzy to find a roof rake has passed I have a question if anyone can help. Without hiring a...
33
33

Heat in small shower/toilet room
I have a small room with a shower stall, toilet and pedestal sink. The floor space is about 48" x 56". It is located in the corner of the house, so 2 walls are outside walls. The house is in western...
12
12

Cleaning paint brushes
Good idea. Another tip passed on from the master is to clean your brush (roller) every two hours of painting. That paintbrush spinner mentioned above really put me in a happy place.
3
3

Current best practice for roof vents?
What kills your shingles is heat. Heat happens in the summer - not winter. The worst heat happens when there is no wind. If there is no wind, your wind-powered vents will not turn, and the temperature...
28
28

Do they make range hoods without mounting to a cabinet?
I have a stand alone stove that had an old style range hood with no cabinet overhead. It no longer works and is old. Do they make a standalone range hood? The ones I've seen Broan make is intended to...
6
6

Electric Onion Mounting Procedure
To properly mount and electric onion, you must insure that it's properly grounded according to the NEC rules and procedures. This process requires core dissection and a proper balun diameter. Begin by...
4
4

Clay waste pipe
I've been rooting out my waste pipe. This is 6" clay pipe. This runs out the side of my house, hangs a right and heads toward the backyard, hangs another right and runs behind the house, another right...
8
8

Do they even make these
I have an area in my backyard that was opened up when I moved my fence recently. It has the tree line from when it was still a farm and I'd like to put up some rope lights or light strings in some of...
3
3

HF 20% Off Coupon. Ends 2/27
of HF (and maybe others). The HF rechargeable drills admonish you to NOT leave the battery in the charger for more than "X" hours. This means, I think, that the el cheapo chargers do not have a...
5
5

hot air furnace pronlems pilot issues
I have a ComfortMaker natural gas fired hot air unit Model No. GUF075A012AN My problem is the pilot will only stay lilt as long as the gas regulator selector is dpressed as soon as you let up pilot...
10
10