1-switch + 1-timer in one box?

Is there such a beast - switch that has both a single-pole switch and a timer?
Why - I need a timer on the exhaust fan. Current config of nutone bath-fan with 4 switches in a double gang box is: * fan, exhaust * heater * light * night-light
There is no room for more boxes. So, I have two choices to accomplish this: 1. hot wire the night-light, which frees one box for a standard wall timer 2. find switch that has both a single-pole switch and a timer.
Add pictures here
✖
I looked all over a few months ago trying to solve exactly this same problem. I was unable to find a single box solution which allowed both a timer and a switch to fit in a single box. Perhaps somebody has a solution, in which case I would also love to know about it. Intermatic and the other major timer manufacturers including Nutone did not appear to have a solution.
Smarty

Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@lehigh.edu wrote:

I may not have understood your post correctly, but if there are four switches in a double gang box then they each must be double switches, so I don't understand how hot wiring the night-light frees up half of the double gang box, isn't the third of the four switches still needed there?
What am I missing?
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

correct, two double switches (all 4 to the same nutone ceiling unit)
hot-wiring the night-light means I can dedicate one box to a standard timer.
I already have the 4 switches, plus two more below for shower and vanity light. I don't want a space ~6 inches wide to be a wall of switches, so I will _not_ put in another box.
anyone use one of those new led bulbs in a fan unit? bloody night light bulds don't hold up to fans.
Add pictures here
✖
http://www.passandseymour.com/whatsnew/FanLight.html and other useful devices, for example http://www.passandseymour.com/pdf/A18-A20.pdf#xml=http://www.passandseymour.com/cgi-bin/texis.exe/Webinator/search/xml.txt?query ún/Light+Combination+Switch+&pr=pands&prox=page&rorderP0&rproxP0&rdfreqP0&rwfreqP0&rleadP0&sufs=0&order=r&cq=&idE75439d2 http://www.passandseymour.com/pdf/A17.pdf
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@lehigh.edu wrote:

I wasn't aware these even existed until I Googled "Triple wall switch", but they sure look like they could solve your problem, don't they?
And from a trusted manufacturer too:
http://www.energyfederation.org/consumer/default.php/cPath/39_766_765
Now, let's not hear you bitch about the price. <G>
HTH,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

Do you mean to control TWO things, or a switch and timer for the same thing?

Add pictures here
✖
mm wrote:

It sounds like a mechanical 'capacity' situation. Wiring the night light permanently could free up one switch of two double switches in the double gang box (small night lights and/or LED 'bulbs' use very little electricity so leave them on all the time?) But that still asks how could some type of timer be accommodated along with the three remaining switches in a double gang box? Could the heater be wired straight through and switched on some other way? I recall, many, many years ago a 'pull switch' mounted in a bathroom ceiling, well out off reach, that was operated by pulling on a non conductive string.
Add pictures here
✖

There's always room for more boxes. Tip the whole thing on it's side.
Add pictures here
✖

Look into an X-10 solution if you don't want to open up the wall a bit for a double box.
Add pictures here
✖