1 Or two coat of paint is better for the ceiling? after primer

Our bathroom ceiling was badly pitted and paint was peeling (there was no mold). So I did a good job of scarping patching. Let it dry for a week and then primered and put one coat of bathroom paint (that was last week). Now I am wondering if putting more coats of paint will make it last longer. If it does help, I would gladly put 2 more coats. Or it will eventually start pitting and peeling again, and I will end up with deeper pits? Any ideas?

Did not say what kind of paint.
If latex, paint it until it looks good. If oil additional coats may have value.
In that location problems down the road are "normal"
Colbyt
wrote: | > Latex. | | I always put two coats over primer, looks better that way. All repair | work and primer is no longer visible under two coats. | | PS | | For the bathroom use semi gloss, never a flat paint.
Benjamin Moore Aqua Pearl w/mildewcide would be preferred paint. they also make a "kitchen & bath " paint with mildewcide. always use 2 coats of finish over primer, it is easier to clean.

2 coats mean you don't have to play with it to get good coverage, if you are willing to fool with it you can get by with one coat.
I like Zinnser perma white satin for this application.