0 shower water pressure

Howdy, Our house (10 years old) has two bathrooms upstairs. They both have showers. I noticed two days ago that both showers seem to have lost water pressure so there is now only a trickle of water flowing out of the shower heads. The water flow to the bath tubs seems to be fine as well as water pressure to the sink faucets. Anyone have any ideas what to look for or what may be causing this. Thanks in advance. Joe
clogged shower heads due to sediment in lines. Backflushing by water dept?
Wayne

Had the same thing happen. Have you disturbed any of the lines, valves, etc. lately? Yes? No? No matter.
I would bet you a Krispy Kreme that your screens are clogged. Take the shower head off and look at the screens. Soak in vinegar if there is white stuff that won't rinse out. While you have the head off, turn on the water and let it run to blow out the stuff that is already in the line.
You could have had some crud break loose inside your lines, or you could have a hot water heater that is sluffing off stuff.
Anyway, an easy fix that costs nothing to try.
And, if you got it in your shower, you got it all over the house. Clean the others, too.
You're welcome.
Steve
While Steve did say to clean the others, we do not reccomend screwing the head off your wife, children, or dogs.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
snipped-for-privacy@fast.net (Joe) wrote in message

A failed mixing valve might reduce pressure.
TB