Which Lawn Tractor???

Hey everybody,
I have a choice to make: which lawn tractor to pick. I am looking at the DYT 4000 (18.5 B&S Intek Plus/42" Deck). I can get this tractor for roughly $1300 and I haven't been able to find anything that is comparable in this price range. But, I have heard mixed reviews about the Craftsman (or Crapsman as I have heard them referred to). I don't see the John Deere as being a very good value (doesn't matter - I can't afford one anyway!!)So, it is between these guys (various MTD manufactured makes/models, Craftsman, etc) - what does everybody think? Thanks in advance for the help!!
Bryan
Bryan, Here in the Puget Sound area I see used John Deere riders for sale several times each season for very reasonable prices.
Maybe look around your area for a used one? I'd look in the local classified, little nickel (or other such papers), and www.CraigsList.com to catch a good deal.
Larry Wager www.BackwoodsMetalArt.com Truly unique creations for Home and Yard