what type of natural vines to cover fence?

I have a 5 foot high chain link fence that I would like to plant some kind of ivy or something that will grow up the fence and give me some privacy, I would like it to stay green for as long as possible into the colder months. I live in the north east and I am not sure what to plant if anything. Maybe something that also will flower? Thank you for any info.
English Ivy will thrive like bamboo.

I'm planning the same thing, but just kind of decided on morning glories. From what I've seen of them, it seems like they will do a decent job. Yeah?
On 4/21/08 7:49 PM, in article

Yes. They'll grow rapidly and flower. They are an annual though and will die off each year.

In Michigan, I'm having great luck with Deadly Nightshade. It grows like a weed (you can transplant it by hacking off a section, putting it near the fence, and just putting a little dirt on it), loves to climb, and not only tolerates abuse, it seems to enjoy it.
It is poisonous, but tastes so bitter that no human or animal can stand to eat enough to actually poison themselves. And it is very pretty.