What's the best deck sealant?

I need to seal my deck. What is the best sealant?

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Thompson's Water Sealer is the most heavily advertised (in my area), but it's one of the worst. I've always used Behr's products (paints, stains, and sealers), and they work wonderfully. I've not used their plain deck sealer, but the deck stain and sealer works fine. I've had it on my fence and deck for 6 years now, looks virtually the same as the day I put it on with no wood rot. as with anything, the prep is the most important part. Without a thorough power-cleaning, you'll have a mediocre result at best no matter what product you use.

Hope this helps, Steve Taylor

Reply to
Steven Taylor

I prefer Thompson's water seal but some don't like. I used on my folks decks about 18 years ago, and last year when they decided to replace the one deck with a new one, the old deack (which was then 22 years old) still looked great, if it wasn't difficult to take it apart I would have moved it to my yard and used it.

Snow...

Reply to
Snow