what causes this?

Refresh my memory, please: on a big twin blade mower, what is the problem when there is an uncut strip in the middle of the deck as the mower goes along.
Seems like it has to be either one or both blades shorter than it/they should be.

The tips of my blades are the first to dull, so (in the case of dual blade mowers) dull tips could cause an unmowed 'strip' to appear in the rear view mirror. Larry
Clean under the deck.
Scrap all of the grass that is sticking to the top of the deck off.
This will help with AIRFLOW. Airflow is needed under the deck at all times to allow the blades to lift the grass up.
When you look at the blade flat and look at the from one of the ends, it kinda looks like this _____/
The / on the blade is just as important as the sharpening of blades. This I call the meat of blade.
If their is no meat on the blade, The blade is useless because their is no lift.
---------------------- www.askalandscaper.com