Too late to seed?

having had all sorts of problems over the last year, and not to mention the weather (yikes) I have only managed to get round to clearing out my garden this week, i have yanked out all the previous owners rockery, walls etc.. and am now left with a 2 tier garden with a small slope joining in the middle.. but i now had a big earth patch in the middle, i dont have the money to buy turf but could go a few tubs of seed,
do i still have enuff light left in the day this year to at least get some growth out the seeds before winter shows its gnarly face again?
any help would be greatly appreciated
Keith Edinburgh
you didnt say where you are,but here in ky we seed in the fall-early fall and early spring.
Apologies, im from Edinburgh, Scotland
i'l just go for it...
heh :)