tech questions on my bolens riding mower

Questions on my Bolens 15.5 hp riding mower.............1st thing... ca

i ?, and how do i remove the safty that chokes the engine when you tr to go in reverse with the blades running ???? 2nd thing is , well bought it used and the previous owner said that it always had a har start...meaning it sounds like the batterys almost dead and then i kicks over , even when it's hot... but if i remove the sparkplug an turn the key it spins like crazy.. so i wonder if there is some kin of compression problem...PLEASE HELP... !!!!

-- WYRNUT

Reply to
WYRNUT

also..even if you dont have any answers please let me know if yo have any similar problem with startin

-- WYRNUT

Reply to
WYRNUT

DO NOT REMOVE THE SAFETY!!! You'll condemn the 'neighbor kid' or some 'unlucky relative' to a life minus a finger (or worse). Don't do it!

When you pull the spark plug it will crank fast because there is NO compression. That little test really tells you very little. There's no such thing as 'too much compression' on a gas engine, so the problem is (in your case) a 'weak starting system'. I'd pull the starter and have it bench checked at a local auto parts store. Then test the battery. Review the entire starting system and you'll locate the problem.

Reply to
<Hut_234