Still No Tomatoes

Still no tomatoes here in Pittsburgh. I have plants in pots, in EARTHBOXES and in the ground. All the plants look VERY healthy and have flowered. But no tomatoes. The flowers seem to not be setting. Even the ones I sprayed with BLOSSOM SET stuff that someone recommended that I got at Lowe's. The plants are about 3-4 feet tall yet I don't seem to even have 1 pea-sized baby tomatoe. Anyone else in this area having problems? The weather WAS weird....first too hot for a while then too cold. Nevertheless you would think SOME would set. Maybe I planted too early (May 1st)....the plants will be lopsided over the top by the time I get optimum weather for the blossoms to fruit. Any comments/help here would be appreciated.
ive found here in ky , the cold may air can really stunt them somewhat. if i put them out that early, and i did put mine out in early april, i put a platic puptent over the row and closed the ends at night and opened the end in the morning. ive had good red tomatoes for about 3 weeks now. i feel yours will just come on late. lucas
D.D. Palmer wrote:

It's the cold. They'll come. Toldya to use sugar mixed with Miracle Grow to set them blossoms...

Jeeeeeeeez.......relax. They'll make tomatoes when they ready. You're talking about living beings, not computers. Go read a magazine. :-)
Doug Kanter wrote:

uh, "beings"? What are the tomato voices telling you Doug?

Well, what do YOU think they are? A form of mineral?
Doug Kanter wrote:

Until they reproduce, they may as well be minerals. Ask the zucchini, it'll tell you.

You've gotten yourself awfully upset over the word "being". What's YOUR definition, if any?
Doug Kanter wrote:

Jeeeeeeeez.......relax. I see you're easily provoked.
Upset? Moi? Nah... I'd never let you 'squash' my joy.
Go read a magazine. :-)

Nah...that's OK. You started this childish nonsense. Explain your issue with the word "being". Offer a substitute word. Do *something* to justify your presence.
Doug Kanter wrote:

Nah...that's OK. I'm through *poking you*.
Pfft...
G Henslee wrote:

Back a week later, and you're talking to yourself.......a little too much sun?
Doug Kanter wrote:

As opposed to talking to you, potato head, at least I'm talking to an intelligent 'being'.
Doug Kanter wrote:

Oh no. I've been plonked. Life as I know it has ended.
Doug Kanter burped:

No doubt something you've grown quite accustomed to. How 'bout a <plink> Like the sound that's heard when someone flicks your empty cranium with their knuckle.

bonus now that you pay $12 a year?