Spider control = how?

There are bait for ants, earwigs, cockroaches but I can't seem to find bait for spider. How can I control spider in my house and garden? I asked the guy in Home Depot and they told me to use some Spider killer to spot kill them <-- this is useful when you see the spider.. but not sure if there is a better way, like those ant bait etc. thanks for help.
N.S.
That's very good point.... I have never thought about that. :)

bait
is a

I've been doing that for years. I live in the mountains and my house ha always got some Daddy Long legs hiding in the corners. Of course now that were selling our home, we've had to clean out all the cobwebs and daddy long legs. Guess some women are squeemish about spiders, hmmm go figure *shrugg*
: > wrote: : > : > >There are bait for ants, earwigs, cockroaches but I can't seem to find : bait : > >for spider. How can I control spider in my house and garden? I asked the : > >guy in Home Depot and they told me to use some Spider killer to spot kill : > >them <-- this is useful when you see the spider.. but not sure if there : is a : > >better way, like those ant bait etc. thanks for help. : > > : > >N.S. : > : > Unless you have a large infestation, I wouldn't suggest trying to rid : > your home of all spiders. They help keep other pests under control by : > eating them. : > : > Nan : :
In article

Spiderbait comes from Australia.

They should be punched unconscious.
--
Barbecue Bob serving family-style roast bunny
at convenient restaurants

http://www.dropd.com/issue/27/Spiderbait/index.html
I think you would have enjoyed Punched Unconscious. Sorry we couldn't let you into the restaurant, but you should remember how you behaved last time.
--
Barbecue Bob serving family-style roast bunny
at convenient restaurants

Omigod, were you the bloke behind me when we saw 30 Odd Foot of Grunts??? Admit it, that WAS you, you horses arse.
Cindy

Bob is no horses arse. I think everybody here knows you must be referring to me. I haven't crowed about our encounter and wouldn't have mentioned it if you hadn't brought it up.
--
Best Regards,
Lloyd

bait
I have a friend who uses those glue traps that are marketed for catching mice. She sets them in corners and along baseboards. Spiders stick to that glue really well. I don't recommend them if you DO have mice however. Brrrrr. I STILL have nightmares about that.
Cindy
As somebody already stated, Spiders are great natural bug zappers. Spiders in your garden will certainly help protect it. The Chinese I believe say that it is good luck to have a spider as a house guest. As a hobby and to make some rainy day money selling them, I have bred and raised Mexican red knee tarantulas. These are the breed you'll see in just about every pet store there is. They actually can make excellent pets. Their bright colors, large size, life span, low maintenance, and gentle nature, make them just about a perfect pet. Not to mention the excellent conversation piece they make when you have friends over. Here is a link to check them out.
Mexican Red Knee http://giantspiders.com/B_smithi_species.html
Spiders have an incredible sense of smell, and being respectful that you may not share the same love I have for these little 8-legged wonders, this safe and simple suggestion should work. Try using some "OFF" mosquito repellent around all your doors and windows and any other entry point you can see that the spiders may be coming in through. Most spiders will do an about face upon encountering a surface that has been sprayed with OFF. Spray it all along your door frames, window frames and so forth. Its effects are temporary, so you may have to spray these surfaces twice a week as a minimum. It doesn't smell too bad, and safe to use around kids and pets if present.
For the most part there are only 2 spiders in the United States that can harm humans, the Black Widow and the Brown Recluse or Fiddle Back spider. http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/naturalresources/DD6962.html
Spider info and myths you might enjoy. http://www.washington.edu/burkemuseum/spidermyth/myths/dangerous.html
There are bait for ants, earwigs, cockroaches but I can't seem to find bait for spider. How can I control spider in my house and garden? I asked the guy in Home Depot and they told me to use some Spider killer to spot kill them <-- this is useful when you see the spider.. but not sure if there is a better way, like those ant bait etc. thanks for help.
N.S.
Chuck wrote:

That's all very interesting but the question was how to get rid of spiders. Years ago we used to use powdered chlordane which was very effective and long lasting. But apparently it affected birds' shells and was banned as a result. I don't know of any replacement that is anyway equal to chlordane.
Don't kill wasp/hornet nest. They will kill many of your spiders. It's a catch-22 of sorts, though.

bait