solar powered automatic sprinkler

Hey all, I am in need of a small (4 station) solar powered automatic sprinkler system that is reasonably priced. I have been unable to find any sources or plans for such a setup. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, TnT

Reply to
Thomas Cooper

solor powered? the coils would drain any battery too quick. I have not heard of any solor powered systems. Why not the normal kind?

Kirb

Reply to
kirbseepe

According to my husband, the worst time to water is during the heat o

the day as the water simply helps to "fry" the grass or plants. wouldn't suggest a solar powered sprinkler system unless it was als set up to reserve the power and then turn on per a timer. (Mayb that's already how they work, I'm not that familiar with solar powe abilities

-- Tigri

Tigri

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Tigriz's Profile:

this thread:

Tigriz

Not true. The only draw back is evaporation.

Reply to
Steveo

"Not true. The only draw back is evaporation. "

Her husband probably thinks getting sprayed with a garden hose in the hot sun will fry people too!

Reply to
trader4

That watering during the heat of the day taboo wives tale has been around forever it seems. There are conditions that call for heat of day irrigation, such as fusarium suppression. (lowering the soil temperature)

Reply to
Steveo