Automatic sprinkler valve question

I am installing an automatic irrigation system for my backyard, and am trying to figure out the problem caused by a raised planter in the back. Anti-siphon valves require being a foot higher than the highest sprinkler head, so I thought I'd look into in-line valves. However, they require a back flow prevention device which, according to Toro's website, says that it must be intsalled a foot or so higher than the highest sprinkler head. I'd rather not have all that hardware 4 or 5 feet above my patio. What is the recomended way to automatically water a raised planter?

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike Franklin

"Mike Franklin" in news:WXaXc.62235$Fg5.24953@attbi_s53:

AVB, consided unreliable. unlike other backflows, you need one for each valve, and i'ts installed AFTER each valve. ( in 'one piece' AS valves, AVBs are glued-on, downflow of the actual valve.)

require being a foot higher than the highest

you can get better brands if you buy inline valves, rainbird or hunter are decent, imo

sounds like toro's plastic PVB? or are they rebadging brass ones?

call your water district, see if they have type requirements. double checks don't need ot be above the outlets.

rp's are supposedly best.

hide it. keep it away from fences, espec corner posts, else someone will bash it during fence repair.

Reply to
Gardñ