Sod cutters

Does anyone make a residential sod cutter? I only seem to find expensive commercial models for sale.

Reply to
Grogmeister

Have you tried renting one?

If memory serves, US Rentals has one for about $100 a day. You might want to see about delivery. It's expensive, but those things are damn heavy.

Pagan

Reply to
Pagan

expensive

Hand tools for smaller jobs, yes. Probably not much of a residential market for such a specialized power too.

Here's a larger capacity manual ('kick powered') sod cutter:

get by with hand tool like this one when removing sod in my yard:
't spend nearly so much on it, though.)

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz