Small Concrete Patio

I have a small concrete patio outside my back door. Two, 15 x 15 feet slabs. Cracked, unenven, patched and unsightly. Thought about wood decking; wouldn't take much. Thought there might be some sort of jigsaw puzzle like material I could law down over the top; didn't know about that. Heck, I even thought about some Brady Bunch grass/carpet.

I am looking for suggestions for covering this small area.

Perhaps I'll post a link to a picture later.

DJ

Reply to
DJ

If what's there is stable, you could pour new slabs on top of it, which would also be easy. For a really nice look, consider stamped concrete, though this is not something you can do yourself. Stamped concrete can be done to look like slate, cobble stone, brick, etc. Another choice is pavers.

If you go with the decking idea, I'd look at the Trek type materials that are composite. They cost more, but no maintenance is required. An advantage to decking is that it doesn't require a stable base over the entire old area. You can support the new deck with footings, though that means the new deck will be considerably higher.

One key to all this is how much room you have for a change in grade, as any of these solutions will require a minimum of several inchs in height.

Reply to
Chet Hayes