Sears snowblower purchase advice

Hi Everyone, I've a chance to buy a Sears 9 horse 27" snowblower for $600.00 Canadian. It has some sort of maintenance agreement with it as well. I really have no idea what these things are worth. Assuming it is in good condition what is a reasonable price? Looking at them on the Sears homepage has them at about $1200 new. Any help is very appreciated. Thanks. JD
Forgot to mention that it was puchased new in 2000. Thanks again JD