Sasanqua Apple Blossom

I have Sasanqua Apple Blossom plants in front of my home. Some of the leaves appear to be deformed. They grow very thick almost like a succulent plant and tend to curl. I don't see that it is detrimental to the plant, but I'd like to know what it is and what to do about it.
Thanks.
BM

Not knowing the plant's habit, it sounds to me like it might have been exposed to an herbicide. Thickening, curling leaves have occurred on some of my ornamentals when the spray drifted in their direction.
Tom

That's what it sounds like to me, too, and I would also suspect a fungus. I have numerous sasanqua plants (not that variety) but have never seen that. If it were me, I would take a few cuttings (include a good portion of the stem, not just one or two leaves) and take them to a good nursery for identification and possible help.
MaryL
As in Ref to Tom Dick and Harry. Never mind.
Thanks for the advice. I have used a herbicide in my yard, but not near these plants. And the pattern is very random, not like a spray pattern would be. Also, between where the herbicide was used and the plants are rows of Boxwoods with no problems. Upon reflection, it does appear to have some characteristics of herbicide damage but I don't think that is it.
Sap Suckers: Don't see any insects on the plants.
The virus or fungus may be an idea. I'll see if a nursery has a suggestion.
BM

Brett Miller wrote:

My guess is a sucking-type of insect. Aphids or the like. Insecticidal soap spray is effective and harmless to the "environment".