Riding mower

I have lots of time and enjoy cutting the grass. I don`t need or want all of the fancies on a mower and it`s time to get a new one. My question---Is a $1800 mower so much better than a $900 one. A 38 in. cut is just fine for me. What do ya`ll think?

Reply to
Herb Eneva

Herb Eneva wrote the following:

If your use for a car is only to go to the store once in a while, would a Mercedes be better than a Hyundai? All my mowers and garden tractors in the last 30 years have been the low end units. Murray (now MTD), Craftsman, and Poulan, The 22 inch, self powered, mulch or back bagged discharge, Poulan cost me $100 on sale at HD 5 years ago. It replaced a Craftsman 22 inch self propelled mower that I had for about 20 years, The Craftsman still worked, but looked like s**t and I couldn't pass on the Poulan price. My Murray 48 inch 18 HP Garden tractor, used both summer and winter (attached snow blower) has been going for about 15 years now. It cost $1600 back then.

Reply to
willshak

I don't think that you need $1800 mower. The cheaper one will surely suffice. You don't want to mow a football field, do you? ;) You can check this site 'Used Grass Equipment for sale in Ireland'

people sell their used stuff, maybe you'll find something for yourself. You can buy a used higher class equpiement, instead of new lower class stuff.

Reply to
KatieL