Riding Lawn Mower Advice

Page 1 of 2
I need a new 42" riding mower.
I'd like to have a 9'ish bushel bagger so how many horses do I need?
I do not want bells and whistles. I want a mower that will last about 10 years and cut grass. That's it. I don't care about a cup holder or automatic transmissions or even headlights. Give me a good engine and a solid deck and I'm a happy camper.
Any advice on what mower will fit the bill.
Also, any ideas on what time of year they go on sale?
Thank you for your time and your advice.
CD

make sure it has a cup holder. :)
me wrote:

Nothing runs like a Deere....a commercial Deere that is.:)
Buy the ones folks are selling in triangle.forsale!
--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA
Zilla wrote:

[....]
did you ever give much thought to how a little town of 1200 people could be named so right? for example, consider how Cary went from 1200 people back in 1976 to the 117,000 living there today and actually became it's name.
[Concentrated Area of Relocated Yankees]
who would have ever thought it could have happened...
acronyms are so today. would you not agree?

    Actually, it got it's name because way-back-when, that's where the local store was.
    When asked 'where are you going ?', the local folks would reply 'I have to carry Momma to the store'.
    Eventually, this was shortened to ust 'Carry', and later, 'Cary'.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com /
.p.jm wrote:

ok. still though, you got to admit how it turned out is rather funny.
btw - did you ever hear of Lizard Lick NC?

Hook, line, sinker
The community was named after Samuel Cary, temperance leader
http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/genInfo.php?locIndex 167
More homogenized, beige facts about Cary:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cary,_North_Carolina
me wrote:

[....]
I was making no statement as to how cary got it's name. I was only saying as acronyms go cary is now a [Concentrated Area of Relocated Yankees].

Containment Area for Relocated Yankees.
And trim your quotes.
--
Chris Dukes
"The key to effective management is properly timed hovering."
pakrat wrote:

if Containment had only been possible, spillage from Apex all the way to Wakeforest...

    Dude, this is Tri-Gen, you just kinda go with the flow :-)
    There's at least a certain consistent directionality after each flush .....
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com /

    Love it when they jump in the boat like that :-)

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com /

I hear tell it's something in the water.....
Pastor Winter
--
Apostolic Oneness Pentecostal /*/ PreRapture Ministry
http://www.apostolic.biz for Bible studies (text and audio)
Pastor Steve Winter wrote:

so then, you heard of their recent raw sewage spill? raw sewage, 7 million gallons.
and then even more recently:
http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/477280.html

    yeh, but we're not gonna go there right now ......
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com /
.p.jm wrote:

good idea, it closed up after 9:00pm. it will open back up in the morning. <g>

No, But I've driven past Toad Suck, AR and Toad Suck Ferry, AR. Never had the guts to actually go there though....the visuals it brings......yech!

Around here in NJ we have 2 towns next to each other called Hopewell and Amwell.
Story is that long ago when the 2 groups of folks would meet up one would say to the other "I hope you are well". The other replied "I am well". Over time they became known as the Hopewells and the Amwells.
Tomes
Tomes wrote:

[....]
that's pretty funny...