recommendations for lawn sweeper

thinking one at Sears tow behind for my 38" Toro one question 8 to 1 ratio on the sweep, will the gear reduction = more sliding of the wheels say on a moist lawn ? (lots of pines on 1.8 acres)
thanks Mich...

you'll definately want to do it when the gound is pretty dry. but you can raise the brushes a little if the wheel locks up

I got a Con Agra from Northern Tool.

I meant Agri Fab.
GWB wrote:

[....]
does that thing really work? I've been needing some kind of tool for fall leaf pickup. for years I've mowed them and let the mower bag them. with high lift blades and slowing down to 2nd gear I get a clean pickup, but the bags get full really quick.

It works great. Luckily my neighbors have a burn pile. I musta filled 30 cans with leaves. Picks up sticks too. I dump it on the driveway then shovel it into cans and dump it on the pile. I also sweep up the pine needles and bag em for mulch.
GWB wrote:

[....]
thank you very much for sharing with me this product performance report.
I already know where the local showroom is located which currently has on display an Agri Fab lawn sweeper unit. an outting tomorrow with lunch incorporated into the trip. <g>

Managed to buy one used..it works so well it's breathtaking. It picks up pine needles like the rake never did. I can sweep a load of needles, & drive it over near the hedges to be used for mulch, and then pick up a load of leaves & dump it over by the compost pile...try doing that with a rake. It does in 30 minutes what used to take me 2 days.
I only use it maybe 4 days out of the year...I have to assemble it before I use it and disassemble it when I'm done (lack of garage storage space)...and even with all that it still earns its keep.

All right here's what I bought, Sears High Speed 42" lawn sweeper holds, 18 bushels http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid124222000&vertical=Sears&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes
I did 14 piles knee deep each , I'm 5'7" so my knees are ? in about 2.5 hrs, the hardest thing (after putting it together) was getting the height right (if it is to low the wheels lockup allot! I found with my 38" Toro the adjustment is about half way for the height and third gear is the most effective. The sweeper does not like mud and the mower also got stuck (about 5 inches deep) The sweeper will pickup allot of stuff, including but not limited to, pine cones good sized sticks, moss, snakes, frogs, toads, driveway gravel, small dogs, good sized cats, and of course grass, & leaves.
Oh and if you look at the video you will notice the guy pulling the rope to dump it, don't bother. Of course I was filling it like real full and I could only pull it with two hands so I just put the mower in park and dumped it grabbing the top and bottom.(and the leaves were a little wet)
Better than raking !!!
Mich...

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid124222000&vertical=Sears&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes
I've got the same 42" sweeper and pull it with a Craftsman 42" mover. I always wait until the ground is dry and it sweeps up pine cones, pine needles, sugar gum balls (or whatever the aggravating things are called!), and leaves. Yes, wet leaves are a little bit of a challenge, but if you go over the wet area a few times you'll get them! The tires will also drag if you try to take it through too thick of a pile of stuff.
M2CW, Hawkeye65