Putting out fertilizers!

My yard people are coming this Wednesday. I am going to put out some fertilizer, should I put it out now before they mow the yard or after? It's not supposed to rain until the weekend. I don't want to put it out and then they mow and move it around. Or will mowing move it around?
Donna

If they bag the clippings, I guess it's possible some of the freshly applied fertilizer could get kicked up and removed with the clippings, so probably better to do it after mowing and before rain. Doubt it amounts to much though. If the product contains any herbicide or pesticide, then I would not put it down until after they mow as no need to have that there to get kicked up into the air.
No they don't bag the clippings. They just mow the yard. I have a pretty big backyard and wanted to know if I should put it down today. Do you think it's OK?

Depends on the type of fertilizer. If the coated, slow acting type, put it down after they mow. If you don't know, same.
--
Noncompliant

Money don't wag the dog's tail.
Noncompliant said:

Dood. Why was your entire quote in your sig? Your newsreader's wiggin' out.
--
Eggs

-Middle age is when broadness of the mind and narrowness of the waist

biggie either way.
Thanks Steveo!
Donna