pros/cons of hydro-seeding

I am going to replace my lawn, part of the process is to decide on sod vs hand seeding vs hydro seeding. I'm leaning towards hydroseeding, can any one tell me the disadvantages of it? I've been told it takes 3 months before the grass is strong enough to walk on and that the first 2 mowings have to be done with a push mower. Thanks Eric
Eric wrote:

Hydro-seeding is a worksaver for the installer. But the client still must guarantee proper watering. After installation it's no different than any lawn.

Hydro seeding eliminates the straw seedlings that you would get by covering with straw. It also eliminates straw blowing all over the place on a windy day.
Hydro seeding helps hold the seed in place better too.
Eric wrote:

What about this? Is this true? I get deer on my property fairly often (once a week or so) Is that going to ruin it?

Not anymore than if you had used straw.
--
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change ready.