Pond

From Fall through Spring, we have a pond about 50' in diameter and less than 2' deep. The Summer heat dries it up but I'd like to have it last all year. There are lots of rocks on the bottom and I don't think I could get them out by hand and I can't afford to rent power equipment..
Can anyone suggest a way to keep the water from going away? It's fed from a small spring on my neighbor's property. I don't think I can increase the flow. To reduce the outflow, I have cut down a lot of the brush and small trees growing out of the pond and around the edge.
Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Is it evaporating? Is it flowing out? Is it soaking into the ground? Are plants and animals consuming it?
If you can identify where the water is going it would be easier to formulate a plan. You can 'blindly' increase the flow into the pond, but unless it is greater than the loss, the water will still 'go away' (as you say).
Why not put in a 30 mil pond liner?

Mostly because the existing rocks will probably cut holes in it. Being out in the sun will tend to make it brittle over time. Also, 2000 sq ft of 30 mil liner will be heavy and expensive. But maybe you're right. Bite the bullet and rent a BobCat in August.
I will also ask around up in the hills of PA. All the farms up there have "fire ponds" and they must know how to construct them.
JB wrote:

Rob Sauerwalt said:

[...]
Do you see the word "binary" *ANYWHERE* in the name of this group?
--

Eggs

The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is
On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 19:21:13 -0400, "Rob Sauerwalt"
I see the result of a lot of work.
However, I must assure you that it is not proper to allow any black plastic to show. Not even one little millimeter.
So get back out there and fix it!