Ping Sarge

Hey Sarge, Ever dick with a Briggs that has the recoil start mechanism pop riveted to the case?

ps..I dig your recovery stories..rock on

Reply to
Steveo

Sorry, not Sarge, but can't you just drill the rivets off, and replace them with appropriate-sized bolts? =)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Yeah so simple right? Wtf would be their reasoning for that besides quickness off the assembly line and no repair?

I think it's fair to call Briggs and Scrapton --> TRASH. ewe kmew dat allready dincha?

Reply to
Steveo

Not if I understand you correctly. Are you sure you are taking the whole case off ?

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

No. I'm only trying to replace the recoil start rope.

Reply to
Steveo

Not sure but I think you are not taking the right cover off. The whole tin that covers the flywheel - and then you replace the rope from the underside. Probably held on by 4 bolts - 2 that are like head bolts and 2 on the lower end that take a 7/16 wrench.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Hrmm..the dude at the local repair joint told me to drill out the rivets, I'll have to take a closer look at the cover.

Reply to
Steveo