Neuton Mowers

Has anyone tried or does anyone own one of those Neuton battery powered lawn mowers? I'm considering buying one of these for my mother and would like some input.

Thanks, Rosscoe

Reply to
Rosscoe

Gemini

Would my 73 year old mom be able to handle it? Is it too heavy for her? How long does the battery actually last? Should I buy the extra battery? Her yard is kind of small so it should be OK. Do you have any experience with the weed whacker attachment?

Thanks, Rosscoe

Reply to
Rosscoe

As for the "push" factor, I would say it is very similar to pushing a baby stroller... Anybody that can walk should have no problems. I use the mower for trimming and in the areas my other mower will not go... maybe 30-40 minutes of use time, so the battery life has not been an issue for me. I did not buy the string attachment, I already owned a cordless Ryobi trimmer/sweeper. I would also be sure to get the mulching kit. It is just a plug for the chute and a mulching blade, it does a fine job of mulching and the bag is not really necessary.

Reply to
Gemini

Thanks for the feedback.

Reply to
Rosscoe

Also, you should check with Country Home Products on repair shops near you/your mother. I found that there weren't any places within an hour of me willing to fix my Neuton earlier this year. I ended up taking it to the guy who repairs my *regular* John Deere mower, and he fixed it as a favor. The blade had gotten loose, and it ended up it wasn't tightened up enough at the factory.

Hope this helps.

Jean in VA

Reply to
Jean S. Barto