My Tomato Plants Are Suffering

I have 8 BigBoy tomato plants that are now about a foot high. They were doing fine, but now some of the leaves are turning yellow.

Anything I can do?

TX

Reply to
Jethro

Use a all purpose fungicide and next year pick a variety tat is disease resistant like First Lady II, Champion or Delicious. Buy your plants at a local Greenhouse not at Wal-Mart and places like that.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Mel M Kelly

Reply to
Stubby

I just bought some of the fungicide and have sprayed it. Hope it works.

I have always favored BigBoys - I liked their size and taste. Never had trouble before, but then that was in another state.

Jethro

Reply to
Jethro

Ooops. Serenade is an organic _fungicide_. Also, GF found a coupon on their web site. Google(serenade fungicide) .

Stubby wrote:

Reply to
Stubby

Give them a shot of Fish Emulsion. That should green em up a bit.

Reply to
Big D

Not sure where you are but I am in the Austin Texas area and mine are really infested with spider mites this year. As you must spraythe underside of leaves to kill them I usually do not bother but just harvest as many tomatoes as I can since the summer heat is killing the plants by now anyway.

Spider mites make the tops of the leaves look like they have been dusted with white or light yellow specks. On the underside if you use a magnifying glass you will see tiny red spider looking mites.

An alternative would be a garlic/soap spray that would be systemic. I saw a garden show where they used two bulbs of garlic to 2 cups water and added a teaspoon of ivory liquid. Then blended it, screened out the pulp, poured it in muffin tins and froze it for use as a concentrate. I think it was one muffin tin's worth for a gallon of water. I'm going to try it if I catch the spider mites early next year.

Ron T

Reply to
Ron Truitt