My new sod is yellowing, help!

Hi, I planted new sod about 3 months ago, did everything right according to my local Agriculture Extension Agent, I noticed today that I had yellow tips some of them a couple of inches long on about a 1/4th of my grass tips.
The one thing I haven't done is fertilize it yet, is the grass pulling the nitrogen from the grass tips? I want to nip this in the bud ASAP before it ruins all my hard work. by the way I have bahia grass and live in tampa bay area. TIA, JT
JT Wrote:

is this yellowing in patches around the lawn ? do you have a dog or is there one in the vicinity that might have access ?
thats all i can think of at the moment
--
Eyebright