mushrooms

I am curious if any of you have every had orange stinky mushrooms in your yard/gardens. They have like four colums, like a table I guess, and under the top there is a muddy green sticky substance that reeks! They start out as an off white-orange round ball and then grows to this mushroom that stands about 2-3 inches high. How do I rid myself of them? I have pulled them up, as soon as I spot them and have to do so w/ a plastic ziplock back turned inside out, like a glove for my hand, then turn it right side out, after I have it pulled up and seal the bag...and have to get rid of it immediately or else it will smell through the bag! Suggestions? a Name for my nemisis? Thank you
raizn3kids wrote:

Lime (not limestone).
Often the mushroom spores are always there and just waiting for the right conditions. If you go through a rainy spell where it rains every day or every other day for ten days or so you get a crop of mushrooms, otherwise they lay dormant. You can go a whole summer without mushrooms on your lawn but the spores are still there. They are very sensitive to the frequency of rainfall.
Dennis

GuvBob wrote:

If it is just an image, use tinypic.com or imageshack.us. No account required for upload or download.
Jon