Moss in Yard

    I have green moss growing all over my yard, short of using round-up how can I get rid of it?

Use lime, REAL lime. Not limestone. You can probably find "hydrated lime" at your local nursery, but anhydrous lime (CaO) is the real stuff. But be careful because it is terribly caustic. "Limestone" is really pulverized seashells, CaC03 and has almost no effect on the pH.
Get a bag or two of Moss Out granules, spread it out and water real good. You will see it dark brown in 5 days which means its dead.
snipped-for-privacy@chesapeake.net wrote:

I agree. I would use one of the commercial moss killers, which are effective. Raising the PH will also kill moss, but the level to kill it quickly will leave the soil with a PH higher than desirable for grasss.
It's also not true that the garden type lime products have no effect on PH. They do, they just take a long time to work, which is why you can apply them anytime without burning the lawn, which is not true of contractor's lime.