Millions of microbugs on wet deck

These were on my deck today after a rain. Each bug/insect is about 1 mm in length. Using every magnifying lens available in the house, they appear to be flea like, with two antennas and 6 legs.They seem to like to huddle, but others move swim-like through the water, and others spring to new locations. Those are 6" wide decking boards.
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2349/dscn0227u.jpg This is only one section of the deck, they were on other sections, but those pics didn't come out as well.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak said:

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ig124
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

Pat Kiewicz wrote the following:

That appears to be them. The ones I have appear to be the linear type, except for the colors mentioned. Mine are black, and was first thought to be spilled ground black pepper. BTW, I killed them using Clorox Clean-Up. It took a little longer to kill them since they were in water which diluted the clorox even further.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY