Japanese Beetles - Help

Lots and lots of beetles this year. Local stores are out of the insecticides. Is there anything "home grown" that I can spray on my trees?

Reply to
<nowhere

liquid seven will get them , ive heard some guys spraying soapy water to get them to leave

Reply to
QUIRT EVANS

Dunno about that but now is the time to apply a grub prevention application to protect your lawn from their larvae this fall. (grubs)

Reply to
Steveo

Local lawn services can spray your trees. I have 3 lindens that the beetles attack. They sprayed them for $45. The commercial spray lasts about a month, depending on rain (of which we have none), which is long enough to cover the beetles' cycle.

The over-the-counter stuff only lasts about a week, and has to be re-applied.

Whatever you do, DON'T get those stupid Bag-a-Bug things. They will attract beeltes from miles around. I can't believe there are still people who don't get that.

Reply to
Anonymous

|=20 | Local lawn services can spray your trees. I have 3 lindens that the | beetles attack. They sprayed them for $45. The commercial spray | lasts about a month, depending on rain (of which we have none), which | is long enough to cover the beetles' cycle. |=20 | The over-the-counter stuff only lasts about a week, and has to be | re-applied. |=20 | Whatever you do, DON'T get those stupid Bag-a-Bug things. They will | attract beeltes from miles around. I can't believe there are still | people who don't get that.

Reply to
Helen

If anyone is having problems with Japanese Beetles, please PM me and

can give you tips on their control. I have had a lot of experience wit the buggers from childhood up until now. I was raised on a farm and w also had a nursery and u-pick. Worst thing-it is an introduce species!

Fall is going to be the time for preventative measures to diminish the so the grubs won't hatch out and get you come next summer. Actually, it's impossible to completely rid ourselves of them, but you can cu the amount down to a manageable amount. Don't use the TRAPS! The attract every beetle from miles around into your yard.

Good Luck

-- FarmersDaughte

----------------------------------------------------------------------- FarmersDaughter's Profile:

this thread:

FarmersDaughter

FarmersDaughter wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.homeplot.com:

I'd love some tips, as I'm looking for better methods than last year's. They usually go mostly for my Catawba Crape Myrtles and Wisteria.

-Matt

Reply to
Buck B. Nekkid

Buy some beetle traps and give them to your neighbors.!!!!!!

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Reply to
Mel M Kelly

That's the only thing those traps are good for! :)

Reply to
Steveo