Inherited Mower - Help

Hi there, I have inherited a very well maintained Ransome Marquis Mar
4A petrol mower.
I can't seem to find anything about this model online and I really nee to know what petrol I can use in it - I know if it is a four strok engine, I'll be fine with normal unleaded but I can't tell if it's a or four stroke engine.
Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
-- Yorkshire Bob
on 5/24/2008 7:07 PM Yorkshire Bob said the following:

Does it have an oil fill tube with a dipstick? If yes, it is a 4 stroke engine.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Four strokes have an oil filled crank case. Is there a filler plug to put oil in it? If not, it could be a two stroke. Notice I said "could". Make sure you're sure before you fire it up, or you could fry it.
Steve
Yorkshire Bob;794157 Wrote:

Hi Steve & Bill,
Thanks for your advice, I am now convinced it's a four stroke.
Just a shame the weather is so dire at the moment.
Thanks again,
Ro
-- Yorkshire Bob