Huskee Lawn Tractor

I have a 17.5 hp, 42' deck Huskee lawn tractor. Since I bought it, the belts seem to be too loose. Now they are wearing from the outside. There doesn't seem to be anyway to tighten them either. There is nothing in the manual about it also. Anybody else have this problem? Any ideas?

Reply to
rile

Call Huskee and see if they will take care of the problem. If not, you may be able to get a shorter belt.

Reply to
RoyDMercer

Make sure the belts are routed correctly. Sounds as if the belt is in front of one of the guide pins. Also, there are 2 pulley covers that have guide pins under them. If the belt somehow worked its way to the wrong side of the pin you'll get a vibration and you'll tear the outside of the belt up. Perhaps the belts weren't installed right at the factory. The first time I changed my deck belt, (46" deck) I got the belt wrong under the pulley guard and this is what it did. Hope this helps.

Reply to
GFRfan

That sounds good.....I'll check it.

Reply to