How long for Roundup to Kill

I'm renovating a 1,000 sf portion of my lawn. I sprayed it with roundup 5 days ago and again yesterday. Both times I used a slightly stronger mix than recommended. Why a strong mix? I'm trying to kill Bermuda grass before sodding with zoysia. Bermuda is very persistent and I want to make sure and kill it. Why two applications? Again, I'm trying to kill Bermuda. Also, a second application makes it much more likely that everything in the area got a good squirt of roundup.
Anyway, how long do I need to wait to till the area? Recently, the weather here (Atlanta) has been warm and very dry. I know the Bermuda is out of winter dormancy, but it may be drought stressed. Would this impact the "wait before tilling" time?
Many thanks,
KB

What is Roundup (TM) designed to kill/eradicate exactly per the label on the container? Dave

Answer: the label is misleading... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roundup Dave
[snip]

Actually, the label is extremely thorough and precise. Instead of using wikipedia, which is not authoritative, why not use the actual label, which is 21 pages long and available at http://www.monsanto.com/monsanto/us_ag/content/crop_pro/labels/roundup_orig.pdf . Page 17 gives a list of weeds and application rate --
Regards --

http://www.monsanto.com/monsanto/us_ag/content/crop_pro/labels/roundup_orig.pdf .

Because, as the weblink I provided, Monsanto was prevaricating on some issues regarding its product. For country folks, they was lieing their butts off. And, as anything else, its not what they tell you, its what they don't tell you that bites. Dave
[snip]
The question was:

The answer is at:

Regards --

Kinda reminds me of the picture in my mind of an ostrich with its head in the sand... Dave
Dave wrote:

I agree with you. I have years of experience using Roundup and I have found their claims to be very inaccurate. Two products whose advertising sucks vs actual results are Roundup and Miracle Grow.
Red

Ever try adding scythe to your glyophosphate?
Steveo wrote:

Not familiar with scythe. A surfactant?
Red

No it's another herbicide that speeds up the kill. Lesco sells the combo under the name 'razor burn' but you can add it yourself.
http://www.biconet.com/lawn/scythe.html
Steveo wrote:

"Results visible within minutes." Are they serious? No, I've used Crossbow (brush killer) mixed with glyophosphate, but the results were no better or faster than if I'd used either one individually. Think I'll give scythe a try - thanks for the heads up.
Red

You're welcome.
I wouldn't hold my breath for the 'results in minutes' but it does accelerate the kill, especially on grass. No reason to add it unless you're looking for a quick knock down. The glyo generally does the same job by itself in 10 to 14 days.

Up to a week to show effects.

Two weeks is not unusual. Drought stress "should" speed the process rather than delay it.
Red