Holes in yard

I have a lot holes in my yard. If I didn't know better I would think cicadas were emerging. Any ideas??
--
You have just been hit with the...

|^^^^^^^^^^^^|
T. L. Pope-Green wrote:

: T. L. Pope-Green wrote: : : > I have a lot holes in my yard. If I didn't know better I would think cicadas : > were emerging. Any ideas?? : > : white grubs.
How big are the holes?
Here we have - of all things - a crawdad looking thing that burrows in the clay an leaves what looks like a nuclear smoke stack above it. Rauses the devil with the mower.
Kate
Unbelievable what people post expecting to get answers. No info as to whether the hole is 1/16 inch or 1 inch. Nor any info as to whether the location is Miami or England. Sort of like saying my car doesn't work anymore, how do I fix it.
snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net said:

Likewise, it's unbelievable what people replying, will post.

As the OP posted that they thought cicadas were emerging, that gives a clue to the size of the hole. Seems like "info" to me.

and
Posting-Host and Path headers.
Pretty much narrows it down, doesn't it?

You're answer was sort of like saying, "Replace the engine." without even opening the hood.
--
Eggs

-Two aerial antennas meet on a roof, fall in love get married. The ceremony
snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net said:

Likewise, it's unbelievable what people replying, will post.

As the OP posted that they thought cicadas were emerging, that gives a clue to the size of the hole. Seems like "info" to me.

and
Posting-Host and Path headers.
Pretty much narrows it down, doesn't it?

Your answer was sort of like saying, "Replace the engine." without even opening the hood.
--
Eggs

-Two aerial antennas meet on a roof, fall in love get married. The ceremony
Unbelievable what people post expecting to get answers. No info as to whether the hole is 1/16 inch or 1 inch. Nor any info as to whether the location is Miami or England. Sort of like saying my car doesn't work anymore, how do I fix it.

More like, imho, if someone has white grubs and yard holes, it would be what is eating the white grubs creating the holes.
Skunks maybe?
tom @ www.NoCostAds.com
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 01:26:19 GMT, "T. L. Pope-Green"

If the holes are about 2 inches wide it may be squirrels either digging up stuff they buried or "planting" new ones they've found. I've got holes likwethat in my lawn & border areas & I've seen the squirrels digging them.
Terry