Ficus trigonata (?)

Anyone have an idea of what these trees are? I'm pretty sure they are Ficus.

Location coastal San Diego County, California. The best match I can find from all the ID websites is this one...

Leaves & trunks from 15-ft and 30-ft trees:

I can't reach the leaves on the taller trees & none on the ground....

6-ft tall tree:

Leaf from 6-ft tree, front:

Leaf from 6-ft tree, back:

Guv Bob

can find from all the ID websites is this one...

David, I stumbled upon the same type tree growing near a nursery and they told me it's a carrotwood (or carrot wood) tree. Evidently if you prune it before it gets too tall, it makes a decent shade tree. Unfortunately for me, mine are 20-30 feet and headed toward power lines. Few limbs below 15 feet, so it will probably end up as firewood.

From wikipedia...

Cupaniopsis anacardioides, with common names tuckeroo, carrotwood, beach tamarind and green-leaved tamarind, is a species of flowering tree in the soapberry family, Sapindaceae, that is native to eastern and northern Australia. The usual habitat is littoral rainforest on sand or near estuaries. The range of natural distribution is from Seven Mile Beach, New South Wales (34.8° S) to Queensland, northern Australia and New Guinea. C. anacardioides is an invasive species in some parts of the United States, primarily Florida and Hawaii.

Reply to
Guv Bob

FWIW, I saw a tree exactly like this in a nursery and they said it was carrotwood. But none of the photos online of carrotwood trees look anything like this tree, except the way the trunk looks. So I'm still not sure what it is.

My main concern is -- would the roots get into the drain pipes?