Do all Snappers suck, or just mine?

I have a Snapper self propelled walk behind with a ninja blade on it. I sold a craftsman 5hp with a mulch blade to get this and I regret it.
My yard is oval, and as I make my turn at the end, the Snapper leaves high spots on the inside cut. It is like the deck is lifting while in the slo curve. My craftsman never did this. The only cure it to cut back and forth rather than in a circle.
Is it the funky ninja blade?

Make sure the 'guide wheels' are properly adjusted (to support the deck) and the mower deck is not just 'hanging' under the tractor.
it is a walk behind, not a tractor.
I only have 4 wheels, which are the 'guide wheels"?

Most mower decks have a wheel on each side (adjustable) that help support the deck at a preset height. It sounds like those wheels are not adjusted properly and the deck 'swings' on the corners. This will cause the grass to be cut higher on the outside of the turn.

Wait a minute- I missed that part about the "walk behind" (I was thinking "rider"). Belay my last.

Are you shoving the handle over to the outside of the curve? You may need to adjust your "body english" a little.
Obviously the blade is higher (causing the grass to cut a little higher), and unless something "unknown" is "articulating" about the only way to get taller grass on one side is to lean the mower.
Do you have a "six-pack yard" and this happens just before the job is complete? :-)

Geez, I don't know how to respond to that!
My craftsman and I did a fine job before, now with the snapper, it is substandard. I've done nothing different, and no, I don't drink a six pack before I mow the lawn. I think that my snapper sucks. I'm going to sell it this spring and replace it with a better product.

I had a Snapper "High Vac" rider and really liked it. It got tired, so I replaced it with a JD rider.

I meant 'during'. <grin> Just kidding.
I really can't imagine why your mower 'leans' in the corners.
dave wrote:

Snappers are generally known for their high-vac decks and their ability to bag anything. When you say ninja blade, I have to assume you have a mulching kit on it. Try putting the bagger or discharge chute and the standard blade back on it and see if that eliminates the high spots. That is how it was designed to mow and will give you the best cut. If you want a really good bagging mower stick with what you've got. If you want a really nice mulching mower look at Toro and/or Honda.
--
Art

Artemis wrote:

Good advice Art... Thanks

Forest Gump had a snapper.

While I've never used the Ninja blade, my father, who has, says they're terrible. I don't know what brand of mulching blade we are using on it now, but I like it.
Out of curiousity, do you go clockwise or counter-clockwise? If only one and you try the other, does it make a difference in your case?
I ususlly go clock wise, but when I reverse the direction, it makes no difference.
Are you using the non ninja blade on a Snapper? I bought the ninja because it was more expensive thus mo betta in my mind.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?s 01bb7dbe661841056e5c635ec188bb&tY938&highlight=inuyashaOn

Yes, non-ninja. Well, it looks cool too... : )