cutting grass height

Hi all:
I am used to a std 3" cut on my lawn with no bagging.
I just purchased a new walk behind, Toro with cutting heights as follows:
3.25"
3.75
4.25
Should I cut my grass at higher levels now and what would be the reason,
tks all
bill

Yes. The reason is because 3.00" is not included as a possible cutting height.
If you can make a simple modification to the mower to get 3.00" as a cutting height then go for it. Otherwise, no one is really gonna notice if you set it for a silly quarter inch higher.
-- Tom
- Tom - wrote:

tks Tom, I should have made it clearer. my concern is for the cutting heights over 3.25, will it help the lawn or not. I am not concerned about the 3.25, thats OK
tks for input
bill
snip:

For tall fescue, set height to 3 1/2" and cut when grass height is 6".
Thunder
Rolling Thunder wrote:

I am under the impression that one is not supposed to cut more than 1/3 of blade at a time.

snip
What's a 1/2 inch amongst friends?
Thunder
Rolling Thunder wrote: