Back garden looking like a mini swamp.

This past winter has been tough on our lawn. We had a lot of wet snow and freezing rain which has made my back garden look like a pigs paradise. Because half of the snow is yet to melt we still have some standing water.
Is there anything I can do now to try and speed up the recovery of my lawn?
50/75% of the grass is brown or dead. The rest is bald mud patches.
Any hints or tips would be great.
Thanks.
Mr.JGW wrote:

geology dictates what you can do. Is the ground frozen underneath and the reason the water is not peculating?

AG folks ?!?!? Sorry not up with the terms !

AG is an abbeviation for agricultural. Usually your county extension service agent, but could also include Master Gardeners who in most cases have the training & experience for homeowner problems. Bob S.

Thanks Bob, we were hit with another 10 inches of snow this weekend, so it looks like the ground might be frozen for a little while longer !

You must be in the Northeast. I'm glad to say our temp here in the sunny south is in the mid 70's. We'll be ready for planting gardens in another couple of weeks when our last frost is history. The traditional planting date is always Good Friday, no matter when it falls.
Bob S.
Correct upstate NY!
It was minus 6 yesterday - and no I am not jealous of your 70's. MUCH
Sadly the dogs have managed to destroy what little we had left of our garden with their muddy footprints covering everywhere.
Looks like it will be back to square 1 for us!