2 unos = 1 problem

This afternoon I was far back in my 6 acre woodlot and stopped work to answer natures call. As I stood there taking care of business I see movement - two small beagles coming towards me thru the woods. My first thought was I hope there isn't a human behind them watching me with my fly open. Then I thought - give em hell for trespassing. Then I hope those little suckers aren't chasing any of the herd of 6 or 7 deer that regularly pass thru. A half hour later I'm halfway back down the hill and I stop the tractor to collect maple sap. A nice big whitetail buck leaps and bounds past me and I think I hear something behind him. I shut the tractor off and sure enough the howl of the beagles. Now the problem is - what should I do to prevent these dogs from doing this again ? I don't live on this property so I don't know the neighbors - it's country so we are spread out - and I've never seen these dogs before - and I don't want to shoot them or harm them in any way. Any ideas ?

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

It's only 6 acres so I walked my property and didn't see anyone - and the guy next to me has 4 that are cleared. After that I see the rear yards of a few houses on a country road. I think the dogs were running loose.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

around here,we kinda put up with the occasional dog passing thru scene.. its called being a good neighbor. but some people think being a good neighbor is keeping dogs tied up. lucas

ds549